The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Thursday, March 10, 2011

Answers

I sought the Lord, and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears.
Psalm 34:4

I have been camping out between Psalm 25 through Psalm 37 lately.  I encourage you to take some time to feast on those chapters yourself. 

Seriously.

It's some good stuff!!

Last week I spent some time fasting and praying over many things.
I had a really LONG list but when I went through it, I couldn't take anything off. 

And looking back, I think how silly that was because seriously....
we are talking about GOD here...
Creator of all
Is anything too difficult for Him?
I mean, really.

Why fast?

I fast when I need to hear God more clearly.  I fast when I need Him to move mountains in my life and in the lives of others.  I fast when we are facing big decisions and cannot afford to make the wrong choice, or when we have to choose between two or three really good options.

It is my desire to follow hard after Him.

So last week, He blessed us with some answers.  Not all at one time, but between Thursday and the weekend, it was neat to see Him unfold His plans.

Psalm 25:14 says "The secret of the Lord is for those who fear Him."

What a privilege to hear from Him. 

How do I hear from Him?
Through His WORD
Through the nudging of the Holy Spirit
Through godly counsel
Through worship

Answer #1
We will be homeschooling all 3 kids starting in August.

That's a biggie.
If you look back at a couple posts, you will read about my struggles, questions, fears that were a part of this decision.

I kept praying for God to change Emily's heart if He wanted me to homeschool.  She had no interest.

Finally, I came to the realization that Emily opposes anything that she is not doing right now, unless it involves chocolate.
=)
It's her nature.  Some may say it is a characteristic of her disability.
Whatever you call it....

I cannot make a major decision based on her anticipated negative response, or we would not even ever get her out of bed in the morning.

And guess what happened!
Did you hear the mountains move?
Can't wait to share more of this one in the next post!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment