The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Monday, March 14, 2011

Answers Part 2: Emily's response

So.....I'm back!

Part 2 on our answers......

I decided NOT to make an official announcement to the kids that we would be homeschooling everybody.  Instead, I brought it up to Emily first when we were riding home from school.  (I am in the car 3 hours a day commuting to my kids' schools so we have plenty of time to talk.)

Yea us.
=/

I kinda backed into the conversation with something I knew she would love.  We totally enjoy Tim Hawkins---if you haven't heard of this comedian, you gotta check him out on youtube.

H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S

Welllllllllllllll, I signed up for this homeschool conference this summer and Tim Hawkins is giving a concert at the end of the event.  So I started out by telling Emily that I got Tim Hawkins tickets.

She was SO EXCITED!

Then I followed up with an "Oh, by the way...."

She simply responded, "Mom....about homeschool.....I feel kind of nervous.  I still want to see my friends."

That was IT??????????  That was what I was afraid of????????

No "I hate homeschool!"  OR "I DON'T WANT TO HOMESCHOOL UNTIL HIGH SCHOOL."

I tried to conceal the excitement in my voice and had to turn away so she would not be alarmed by my giddy smile and just said, "Oh, sure, we will still see your friends."

And that was it.

I was amazed...at God.
Simply in awe. 
I had been gearing up to listen to crying and gnashing of teeth. 

No tears. 
No opposition.  
And we haven't had any crying or gnashing of teeth in later discussions.

In fact, in another ride to school, she said, "Mom, can we start homeschool in March?"

Cracks me up!!

It kinda made me have to think about my faith.  I wanted to see God work before I stepped out "in faith." 

But that's not faith at all.

It took me stepping out first, and then I saw Him work.

God unfolded a few other details last week that are kind of woven in with this decision.
More to come!

1 comment:

  1. I just got caught up, and I'm so excited for your decision to home school! :o) Even though I don't homeschool, I do love the idea, and I also can't wait to hear about other news... :o)

    ReplyDelete