The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Friday, March 4, 2011

BIG Dreams

OK--before I can tell you what God has been up to lately in our household, I have to fill you in....
I have some really big dreams.

And I am so glad I have a husband that listens to me, loves me even with my crazy ideas, and dreams with me.

These are a few of the things I dream about....

(gosh, where do I start????)

First some easy ones (which you know has been on my heart if you read some recent posts)

Restored marriage of new, dear friends

Opening our home to more children

through adoption,

foster care,

or just someone who needs a home for a while.

(like I am ready to buy bunk beds for each of the kids' rooms just to be ready.
Yeah, crazy, I know.)

Being able to homeschool
(this one is more complicated....I would like to homeschool and be really great at it, enjoy every minute of it, still be able to manage my job, not drop out of everything else in life, AND have time for myself.
is that possible?)

Taking new people on trips to Rwanda at least once a year to visit the orphans.

Having a guest room

Paying off Company debt--FAST.
(my husband is a builder and we used to think the worst thing that could happen is that we would have to sell a house for cost.....then we sold two spec homes for less than cost. 
OUCH!)

Seeing my loved one turn around, walk in TRUTH, and be used MIGHTILY by God to bring others into freedom.

OK--so those are a few of my really big dreams.  And I found out this last week that some of these things are connected to one another....
in a way.

I'm really excited to share what God is doing and feel so privileged that He let's us know. 

Psalm 32:8 says "I will instruct you and teach you in the way which you should go; I will counsel you with My eye upon you." 

Stay tuned....
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment