The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Monday, January 10, 2011

thinkin' about...homeschool

Okay for some time now, I have been thinking.....
about homeschool.

I NEVER thought I would want to homeschool.  I always thought if I ever did,  it would be because I was FORCED to.

But I am finding that I don't really fit in with the culture around me.  I am okay with that. 

If you have read very much of my blog, you can see I am kinda crazy already.  The thoughts I share on here just confirm it.

My kids are already kinda goofy---one is on the autism spectrum, and the other two don't really have any excuses, but goofy just the same. (and I love 'em!!)
=)

I am okay with them not fitting into our culture too. 
Really. 
I am okay with them being sheltered from a lot of junk.

(and just so you know, if you don't homeschool, I am not one of those parents that thinks everybody should do what I do.  And what I do now may not be what I do next year.  I have learned even with my 3 kids that every kid is different and has different needs.  So if what you are doing is working and bringing glory to God, keep doing it).
=)


So now I am exploring the possibility. 
Asking questions. 
Researching what's out there. 

Trying to figure out how I could fit everything in.  I work.  It helps that my office is at home and my boss is my husband, but still.  Can I handle being wife, mom, office manager and teacher?
(and those are just the four main titles!)
=)

 
If there are other working moms that homeschool out there---how do you do it?

Like I said, I am still very much exploring the possibility and praying that we do the right thing for each one of our kids.  I really love the schools they are attending right now and I don't want to mess up a good thing. 

I am open to not doing the same thing for all three (and counting, Lord willing we may adopt again---posting about that soon!)

There are a few things very appealing about homeschool for me--saving a ton of money on tuition, gas, ez tag, having a more flexible schedule for mission trips, not being in the car 3 hours a day.

But those reasons are really kinda selfish.

Other reasons include bonding and transitioning if we are able to adopt from Rwanda, having a better and deeper relationship with my kids, learning how to teach them in a way that they thrive and progress--not just academically. 

I don't have an answer yet.  
Praying and researching right now.
I would appreciate your prayers--thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment