The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Jonas and Dylan


Just a little update on these boys--they are spending their first Christmas home with their forever family this year!!  YAY! Thank you, Lord, for their adoption! (December 2018)


Something about these boys remind me of my Saimon and Omar...they have the same age difference between them, they entered the orphanage at the same ages my boys did. But Jonas and Dylan are still there.
I remember days before heading to Colombia to get our kids praying with Carla and Mindy because I was shaking scared. It has been 5 years now and I look at my family and echo David's prayer to God, 


Who am I and what is my family that you have brought us this far?

There are no guarantees in adoption. We risk. We make mistakes. We fail. We pray. We ask God again and again for His strength to be made perfect in our weakness. We beg God to draw us all to Himself.
 

I know the thought of adding teenagers to your family is scary and then layer on from another country, culture, language...it might seem impossible. 

But what might you forfeit if you don't stop and consider? 


I have been abundantly, exceedingly blessed knowing that all of my kids have come to faith in Christ. On the hard days, when relationship is difficult and attitudes abound, I step back and consider eternity. 
My life, our lives, have been forever changed. When I consider their (&my) salvation and that God is just getting started with them (&me)--what impact they already have and will have for generations to come...
the risk is worth it.
  
Watch this short video to learn more about Jonas and Dylan...or message me if you want help starting the process.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/agcintl/videos/?ref=page_internal

No comments:

Post a Comment