The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Sunday, August 19, 2012

What's up in COL?

We have been together for 4 days now and it's hard to describe all that is transpiring here.

God is good
ALL THE TIME

I'm thankful.  I'm amazed.  I'm at a loss sometimes.  We are adjusting really well, and when I send an email or skype with family I say, "Yes, we are well."

But doing really well includes grief.  It includes discipline.  It includes trying and trying again.

As hard as it is to see my kids grieve, I'm thankful they ARE expressing their grief and not bottling it up or ignoring it.  And in the midst of it, they receive love and they give love.  How humbled we are with this blessing. 

Thank you - thank you - thank you for your prayers.  I know your prayers are carrying us right now.  Here are a few pics from our first days together.












No comments:

Post a Comment