The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Counting our blessings one.by.one

I have avoided the computer the last few days and haven't even considered writing an update because, frankly, I was kind of....ticked, to put it nicely.  The day before yesterday we found out that Jeremy's wallet was not lost at home, but in fact, stolen.  And somewhere in Mexico.

I panicked.  I was trying to call credit card companies and the bank from overseas and the phone numbers wouldn't work.  Jeremy was out with the bigs and he wasn't answering his cell phone.  He had the ONLY credit card in our possession and I needed the number to get through to someone on the phone.  We found out that we would have to cancel that card as well therefore leaving us with just a few pesos in our pocket and no other way to pay for our doctor appointments.

So I started counting (about 24 hours later)....

blessing #1: The thief spent less than $60.
#2: After spending $85 on the first phone call from my cell, we were able to call the remaining companies successfully through skype. (Thanks, Todd, for your help!)
#3: Capital One sent an emergency replacement card within 18 hours.
#4: That card works.
#5: We were able to keep the doctor appointments and found out the Chest x-rays all came back clear!
#6: We also found out we got Judge #5, who is supposedly very good, and our rep expects Finalization within a couple weeks. We still estimate to be home by Sept 27th.
#7: Although the "honeymoon" with the new kids is over, we are deepening connections and learning more about one another.
#8: All the friends and family praying for us and sending encouraging notes!
#9: The kids like the arepas I make!
 
(for my southern friends, to me, arepas taste a little like hot water bread--minus the hot water)

:-)

Here are a few pics from our outing last Friday at el centro and Monserrat.









 (A new friend, Nick, who joined us for the day)



No comments:

Post a Comment