The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Sunday, August 26, 2012

Puzzling

Okay we are ten days into it and I have started feeling overwhelmed.  You might think, "WOW, you made it 10 days before feeling overwhelmed?" But I think I have been kind of on auto-pilot the last 2 weeks.  I knew a little bit about what to expect, we had Nana here helping with the daily chores and loving on the kids, and we have a lot of people praying for us.  I set very small expectations because I wasn't sure how everyone was going to do.

Now as I look at the next few weeks that we will still be here, and even think a little bit about the weeks and months to follow once we get home, the feelings of....

How are we going to do this????

...set in.

It's kind of like looking at a 1000 piece puzzle as you just begin and don't know how you will ever get it done...

I know for my friends, school starts tomorrow and life is carrying on as usual for everyone back home.  I am glancing at facebook and see my homeschool friends getting their rooms organized and lessons planned.  And some have already been doing school for weeks.  I think about the 7 kids that are now enrolled in my homeschool~~and think,

There is no way! I'm not doing it.

But then God, tenderly reminds me---
STOP COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS.

I focus on what is right in front of me right now
and we are making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment