The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Multitude of anxieties within me

Here we are a couple days before we leave to reunite with the kids and it seems strangely unreal.  I have been packing and as I had finished packing the 4th kid out of 7, I realized I would need 2 more bags.

That did it. 

Until then, I had been fine.  Really calm.  Excited.  Looking forward to our departure.  Then all of a sudden the anxieties flooded my chest and I started feeling stressed.

And I look at that now and think,

Really--THAT got you? 
Caused you to stumble?

Oh boy am I in trouble. 

But God is so good.

One of the verses I came across this weekend
(actually the morning before I realized I needed more luggage)
was Psalm 94:19

"In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
your comforts delight my soul."

And I started thinking and delighting in His comforts.

He will never leave me.
He will never forsake me.
His mercy is new every morning.
His grace is sufficient.
His power is made perfect in my weakness.

And I called a couple friends to borrow that luggage.

Almost packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment