The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Monday, August 20, 2012

These glasses

Every time we set the table we pull out 9 glasses from the cabinet.  
Each one is different.
And I glance around the table and look at each one of us and how we are all so different.

Yet we go together.

At the table, sometimes we are scrambling, sometimes everyone is peaceful (not often), sometimes we are dealing with a kid who doesn't like what we are having, sometimes we are laughing.

Most of the time we are laughing about a new food we tried to make 
but it just didn't turn out like we hoped.   

And sometimes we don't laugh about that. :-)

Today was one of those days that will swim through my head as I try to fall asleep.  
We tried to do a little "school" today.  
Oh my.  That was disastrous.  
But we figured out what NOT to do so tomorrow we will try again.  

And amazingly enough, they are willing.

Tonight ended well with an enthusiastic game of Hide-and-Seek.  I am so impressed with how much Spanish the 3 blancos are picking up and how the kids are able to communicate without help from mom and dad at times.

Nine of us.  
Each one different.  
Each one important.  
Each one in the right place.



No comments:

Post a Comment