The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rwanda 11.20.10

We are about 3 hours from landing in Kigali.  The Lord has been merciful in allowing us to have smooth transfers.  Emily has had some nausea off and on since we landed in Brussels (probably due to needing sleep and taking the malaria prevention meds).  Everyone is asleep now.

And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left.  Isa. 30:21
I heard those words first when a friend asked if we had checked with AGCI about a mission trip.


This is the way...
As I heard Erica, the Missions Coordinator from AGCI ask,

"What about Rwanda?"


...walk in it
As God positioned Jeremy and I to invite others and lead a team to join us.


This is the way, walk in it
As we asked others to pray for those going, those giving, and those receiving us.  And those giving gave ABUNDANTLY AND GENEROUSLY filling 15 large suitcases and helping financially with the trip costs.

This is the way, walk in it
As I read my Daily Bible passage on this day, November 20th, the day we arrive in Kigali, Rwanda and the last verse is James 1:27


Pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble.
Thank you, God our Father, for being faithful and for leading us in each step.  We listen for your voice behind us saying, “This is the way, walk in it,” when we turn to the right or when we turn to the left.  We trust in you.

We made it!  All of us and ALL our luggage!
YEA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment