The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rwanda 11.19.10

And we're off!

It's hard to believe we are REALLY on our way!  The last several days I have prayed so much about all our checked luggage--14 bags holding all the donations and gifts given by so many generous friends and people we have never met.  Praying we would pack exactly what the Lord wanted us to bring, that we could fit it all in bags weighing less than 50 pounds, and that we would get it all checked smoothly.

God always does better than what we could hope for or imagine.

Two days before we leave we find out we can add another piece of checked luggage (woo-hoo!!) making it

15

AND

3 of the 15 bags could be up to 70 pounds!!!!
(double woo-hoo!!!!)

Seriously---that means more gifts for the orphans!!

I guess I should have prayed more about our carry-on luggage too.  All our personal things were going in carry-ons.  I was not in charge of loading suitcases into the truck. 

(I'm not naming names, but just sayin')

Anyway, we get to the airport, unload all the luggage and I keep asking,

"Where's the other carry-on?  Where's the other carry-on??"

It's not in the truck.
It's not on the curb.

uh-oh.

We are about to board the first of 3 flights, traveling 24 hours, across the ocean, to another continent

and someone forgot their underwear!!

I'm so thankful God knows our needs AND how to meet them even before we do.

We went in and proceeded to get checked in


and our awesome chauffeur, also known as Papa, headed back to the house to get the other carry-on.  Thankfully, my brother met him with the bag to save some time too.

15 bags checked without a hitch

Papa got back with the missing carry-on in plenty of time

First flight is on time and we even got to sit together (mostly)

Thankful for all the prayers!!




No comments:

Post a Comment