The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rwanda Mission Trip--November 2010

This is the second night we have been home and I was sleeping peacefully

(dreaming about rolling hills)  


until my sweet husband stirred me awake at 1 am---my body is still adjusting to Texas time because now I can't sleep.  In Kigali, we would be out the door by now at 9 am starting our projects for the day.

If you are new to my blog, we just got back from a 10 day mission trip to Rwanda with All God's Children International.  You can read more about how and why God led us to Rwanda here.

My mind started thinking about all the things I want to share from the trip and all the things I am still processing.  It will certainly take a few posts to get out what I want to share about our experience in Rwanda. 

I kept a journal while we were there so I thought it would be fun to post some highlights from each day

as if it just happened. 

I think there will be some things that will take time for me to digest, and so there's probably more posts coming.

Jeremy teases me about how much I think, process, digest things before talking about them.  He says that when I share something with him, it's usually been on my mind for weeks or months,

which is great when we are making important life decisions,

but not so great when I need to say I'm sorry.  =)

So here we begin....in the picture below is our team.....our AWESOME hosts....Mike and Lisa McColms and their 3 kids, and our WONDERFUL interpreter, Christine (in the middle):

No comments:

Post a Comment