The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Who's next?

Okay, so one of the things swimming around in my head as we get ready to go to Rwanda is our next adoption.  I have to first say that this mission trip is not about "shopping" for our next kid.

(I am just kind of hoping God happens to show us while we are there.)

I have a feeling that I am going to want to hit the ground running when we get back and get the process started.

I have been in conversation with God for a while

where is our kid

show us our children

make it abundantly clear who you have chosen to be in our family next

AND GUESS WHAT

He gave me a verse to start praying

I Thessalonians 3:11

Now may our God and Father Himself and Jesus our Lord direct our way to you...

I am the kind of person that reads God's Word on the edge of my chair.  Like I really believe He is going to speak to ME....and you know what.....He does.

Yes, there are passages of Scripture that I just kind of skim through like there's nothing in it for me, but then He does something GREAT and gets my attention and shows me He can even speak to me through all that. 

Sometimes I just have to remember that it's all part of a bigger picture.


Back to our adoption dreams, I understand that most often with adoption, the adoptive parents are chosen by a birthmother, a governing agency, or something like that.

But I also know of adoptive parents who meet their child or children and then go to great effort to bring those children home.

I wonder what it will be like for us.

I'm praying for a miracle.  

You see, right now, new adoptions in Rwanda are on hold because Rwanda is in the process of entering the Hague Convention.

It could be next summer before that is complete.

And I have read on the State Dept website that Rwanda prefers adoptive families with two or less children already in the home.

We have 3.

You can see why I am praying for a miracle. 

I would like to think that I am open to adopting from any country in the world.

And I think we very well could do that before it is all said and done.


But right now my heart is on Rwanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment