The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Thursday, September 13, 2012

What's different about this picture?

Okay, we are close!  We have an appointment with the Embassy tomorrow afternoon and should get all the visas no problem.  Thank you for your prayers this week--we have passports in hand and documents from the doctor.  YAY!

Now we are looking at flights and things do not look good over the weekend.  Pray for seats to open up for all of us to come home together this weekend.  We may split up or have to wait until Monday night, both of those ideas do not sound good to me.  However, I keep reminding myself that we are blessed and going home earlier than we had originally planned. 

God is good

For those of you who may not ever come to Colombia, ;-) I thought I would share some pictures of things that are WAY different than things in the States. 

Traffic is a little much.  I am sure it is like many other places in the world where drivers use horns instead of blinkers.  Traffic is busy all night too.  And the most peculiar thing to me is seeing horse drawn wagons frequently moving along the street right next to twenty million cars.
We only see that in Houston at rodeo time and it makes the news.

 Hotdogs come in packages similar to those in the U.S., but each dog is individually wrapped in clear plastic.  I didn't know that the first time I threw them in the frying pan.

 Milk is sold on the shelf in the same aisle as bread.  Not refrigerated.  I buy a pack of six bags like this every time I go to the store--which is every 2 days.

Carrots here are shorter and fatter.  Not even going to make a joke about that.  But I like them better than the ones in the U.S.  Yummy!
 This last one is my favorite.  Anytime we eat in a "Broaster" everyone gets plastic gloves to eat their food with.  Good-bye forks and knives.
This may be a big adjustment when we get back to the States...for all of us.
The next time we go to KFC, our kids will be looking for the gloves. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment