The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Monday, September 3, 2012

What does patience look like?

The top two things we hear from people once they find out all 7 kids are ours are...
1. You must have a big house.  

To which I answer "Es bastante."  It's enough.

2. You must be very patient.  

And I just smile.

So what does patience look like?

Patience is....having some beds unmade.

Patience is....letting the cushions come off the couch and chairs for a big pillow fight or forts or flips on the couch (I don't let them do that, yes I do.)

 (only sometimes)
Patience is....WANTING everyone to be happy, but UNDERSTANDING that someone will usually be poubty, heading to time-out or time-in, or wanting what someone else has.

Patience is....finding my alone time at the kitchen sink doing dishes or folding laundry at the dryer.

Patience is....being called by my first name from my child.

Patience is....saying "I love you" everyday and everynight with a kiss even when it is not said in return.

Patience is....not losing it when I am being lied to. And asking for forgiveness when I do lose it.

Last night was pretty rough.  It was the first night I cried.  Sometimes dealing with the kids' coping mechanisms is really hard....on everybody.
 (one day the kids put on make-up, came up with a Halloween play, and we made Fall decorations)
Wesley was a zombie--which is what I feel like sometimes. ;-)

But His mercies are new every morning and this is what we are trying to teach the kids.  We can start anew.  Today was a better day!

Tomorrow I'll share some pictures from Jeremy's Birthday in Colombia!  :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment