The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Friday, September 14, 2012

We're still here

Good news--We received the visas today no problem.  Thank you all for praying!  This has been a busy and productive week and we can legally leave the country.

The problem is....we can't leave the country!  We have been on the phone a good part of the day trying to get home this weekend, but there just wasn't a flight that we could all get on and get home timely.  So we are flying out Monday night at midnight arriving home around 5 am Tuesday morning. 

I'm asking God to turn my disappointment into blessing.  We have 3 more days in our kids' birthcountry.  Three more days to soak in their culture, enjoy the cool temperatures, notice the beautiful things in this city surrounded by mountains.  Three more days to enjoy some food not easily available in the States.  Three more days to spend preparing ourselves for the changes--the blessings and challenges that will come as we are home.

Tomorrow we get to spend some time at the orphanage where our kids lived for 2 1/2 years.  We get to meet their friends and some of the workers.  We will be taking lots of pictures!  With this visit, will come excitement and grief.  I feel like I will never feel just one emotion at a time again.  My emotions will now forever be multitasking as I try to relate to each of my kids and their various issues (not to mention my various issues).

We want to say THANK YOU for caring for us, praying for us, reading our updates, and sending encouraging words.  We are so thankful for you and REALLY miss spending time with other adults! :-)  Part of our prep work included reading a lot about adoption.  One of the big things with adopting is cocooning--which means spending time with just the family and not adding in a lot of the extra, normal activities until you give time for deep bonding.

Let me tell you, we have been cocooning.  The process of being here for 4-6 weeks automatically forces cocooning.  We have been blessed to have people back home helping with work so that we could all be here together.  When we get home, we'll be homeschooling atleast this first semester--cocooning.  Yet, as I am learning more about how we all get along together, I hope to add in some planned activities that I think will be good for everybody.  
And good for our sanity.

Again, thank you for your prayers and encouragement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment