The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Friday, February 25, 2011

Emilyism


Sometimes having a daughter on the spectrum can be challenging, overwhelming and downright frustrating.

I have been known to say that
9 times out of 10 I can handle our challenges with grace....but THIS.....this is day 10.

=)
it's true
=/

At other times, having a kid on the spectrum is....

a blessing

FUN

and downright hilarious!

I love it when I get a glimpse of how she sees things. 
And I love that it is not the same way a "typical" kid sees things.


In our family, we have Emilyisms. 

Something Emily says that just makes you think.....and LAUGH! 
And Emily laughs with us.

The other day, she and I were in the car listening to a song on youtube.  When we stopped for dinner and were sitting in the restaurant, I said, "Oh I still have that song in my head."

She looked at me with surprise and said, "Me too!  Can you hear it?"

I laughed and explained what I meant by having it in my head.  I said, "So you have it in your head too."  She looked around the room and said, "Wow, it's almost like you can hear it playing in the room."

No comments:

Post a Comment