The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Thursday, January 20, 2011

Oh Brother

We are missing a brother. 

If you have ever longed for a child and couldn't or didn't have one at the time you had hoped, you will be familiar with that feeling of

missing someone.

It's a dull ache. 

Sometimes it's a big heartache.

Everyday I think about him.  I don't know who he is yet and I don't know if he will come with siblings.  But I missed him on Christmas day when we were opening presents.  I missed him at church the other day when we got there a little late and had to sit on the second row.  (can you guess what kind of church I attend?) =)  We were all sitting there, all 5 of us, and I looked at the empty chair next to Wesley...missing him.

I pray for him. 
I pray for him to be safe, to be well taken care of. 
I pray for him as he waits for a forever family,
as he waits for us. 
I pray that he puts his hope and trust in God.

I pray that God makes a way for us to be together. 
I pray for the days that we will first meet,
learn how to be a family,
learn how to love and trust one another. 

I'm learning some lessons here lately about building trust. 
Assurance. 
Setting boundaries.

(funny the thoughts our little dog has brought up since she showed up last week)

I really miss him! 

I see his face in my mind and the other night I dreamt about the day we meet and call him son. 

My prayer:

I Thessalonians 3:11

Now may our God and Father Himself and Jesus our Lord direct our way to you...
Would you pray with us and also pray for more families to open their hearts and homes to the orphan?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment