The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Sunday, January 2, 2011

My running shoes

I have a running buddy.  We started running together a few months ago because I wanted to get faster.  She is a marathon runner and stays in marathon shape.  I ran one marathon back in 2000. 

I finished. 

I ran the whole way. 

And I really don't have any intentions to run another one....

anytime soon.

=)

We run at 5:30 on Tuesday and Thursday mornings most weeks.  I set my alarm on my phone and labeled it "Run Faster" so that I read those words when it goes off in the weeeeeee hours of the morning.

Soon after we started running together, we started praying during our run.

We pray about everything--each other, our families, our husbands, our jobs, our church, neighbors, people we know who are having hard times.

Now my alarm label says

"Run Faster, Pray Harder"

Those mornings when I really don't feel like running, I eagerly get up because I am more excited about praying. 

Isn't it cool when we think we start something for one reason, and then God does something totally greater, totally better, and blesses us in a way that we didn't even ask for.

I wanted a running partner, and He gave me that plus a prayer partner. 

Battles are being won in our running shoes.

So is there anything we can pray for you about?

feel free to leave it in a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment