The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Saturday, December 10, 2011

In case you think I have it all together

Occasionally I stop by different blogs and facebook and I see all the great things going on in other people's lives.  And sometimes I think,

"Really??  Is it always that glorious??"

And it got me to thinking about what people might think when they stop by here from time to time.  So just to make it perfectly clear, with no misunderstanding....

I do NOT have it all together!

In fact, lately I feel like I have been carrying buckets full of water. 

Not just a beach pail,
I mean big ol' 5 gallon buckets...


...all filled to the brim
and most of the time I am just inching my way by
sloshing all over the place
getting myself soaked and muddy.

Sometimes I put one bucket down just to make some headway with the others that are pulling me down.  But then I have to run back and catch that forsaken bucket up--

usually right after I really needed it.

Thankfully, I have really.good.friends.  I mean the kind of friends that don't mind me getting them wet.  Friends that will carry one or two buckets for me awhile.  Friends that come to my rescue when I trip and spill every drop.

Thank you, Lord, for these friends.

So I have been struggling with what to do with these buckets of mine.  I have been asking God if He wants to take one or two and give them to someone else........for good.  I mean someone else could probably do a much better job, it would literally be for good

(Just so you know I am not referring to any of my children or my spouse as a "bucket") ;-)

And I am hearing Him say "Hold on." 

I recently read Katie Davis' new book Kisses From Katie and one of the many lessons I learned from her story is that God absolutely gives us more than we can handle.  Because it is at that point, in the middle of our weakness and our inadequacy where His strength is made perfect. 

He works. 
And He gets the credit.
As He should.

One verse I cling to when it seems like I am asking for the impossible or I am sinking in my weakness is Jeremiah 32:27 

Nothing is too difficult for Him.  So I am holding on.  I am waking up, breathing a prayer as I step out of bed each morning, and drinking in His Word as I drink my coffee in my favorite spot on my brown couch.

I know each day is full and busy. 
But He is God
and He is at work. 
Making my weaknesses evident so that He can make His power complete.

Adoption update is coming soon--promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment