The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Friday, December 16, 2011

Dear Birthmother,

You have really been on my mind.  I guess with Christmas approaching and thinking of the kids, guessing how they are probably thinking more about you this time of year. 

Perhaps they are missing how it used to be

miss

being with you.

I can only imagine how you must miss them, adore them, ache for them, love them.  I hurt for you as you redefine your life without them...
not able to provide. 


As you long to talk with them and hold them again...

and cannot.

I don't know if we would ever have the opportunity to meet, but I hope that you would be comforted in knowing how much we love them, adore them, treasure them.  I hope it would ease your broken heart to know that we accept them, all of them, their joys, their hopes, their dreams, their hurts, their history. 

Even...
especially...
the part of them that misses you
and grieves.

I pray for you.  I pray the Lord is close to you.  I pray His blessing on you this Christmas where ever you are.
love,
Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment