The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Monday, May 9, 2011

Saying YES...Part 4

This is the part of the story that I can't share everything YET.  Because this is the internet and because we are still praying about a lot of things, I have to ask you to forgive me for not telling the WHOLE story.

Weeks after our Rwanda trip and after the Christmas rush, when things got back to normal, well, what is normal for us anyway, I heard that whisper again...felt that nudging again....to be open to whatever--To not limit God, limit myself,  to only waiting and dreaming about adoption in Rwanda.

So almost unconsciously my prayer changed...

Lord, don't let me miss you in the waiting.
 
Do you have more children for our family before Rwanda adoptions are opened up again?

I can tell you what I am learning about saying yes.  Recently, Jeremy and I participated in some triathlons and we had the whole weekend to ourselves.  (sigh)  The day we headed out, I got an email from a friend who shares our love for the orphan.  Orphan Hope International was looking for families to host about 17 orphans from Colombia.  They would be coming to the States for 3 weeks this summer in hopes to connect with forever families. 

These kids are close to aging out.

As I was on the bike (my 2nd least favorite part of the tri, the swim being my least favorite), I was thinking

shoulders down, butt back, cadence high....

AND about all the opportunities around us to love kids who do not have moms and dads.

We had recently talked about "when do we say no?"

And we are finding that for us, at this time, as we see opportunity around us (right here, right now), as we wait on the Lord, as we plan our next Rwanda mission trip, as we start a new chapter with homeschooling, as we seek His face, to know His heart more, and desire to follow Him...

we can't say no.

We will say YES. 

YES to whatever. 

And let Him say "No."

This is not the final part to "Saying YES"
It is still being written.

So we plan to host up to 4 kids from Colombia and share them with you! 
Have you ever thought about adoption? 
Are you on the edge of your seat looking for God to show you His plan? 
You will have many opportunities to meet all of these kids between July 15 - August 7---please please let me know if you want more info! 

Just say YES

No comments:

Post a Comment