The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Saturday, October 4, 2014

Prayer for The Body

More on how adoption changes everything is to come, 
but I wanted to jot down something that's been on my mind.

Have you ever read Scripture and it stops you in your tracks?  

Like you stop and think, is HE talking about me?  To me?

That's how I felt the other day when I came across Ezekiel 33:30-33.  As I reread it I still feel a knot in my stomach and my heart sink. 


I read that and I wonder if that is us?  

Do we go to church and listen to a lovely song 
and feel good as we watch a beautiful musical performance 
and with our mouths speak love 
but our hearts are pursuing our own gain?  

Do we sit before our pastors and hear their words each week,
but do not put into practice what we hear?

I don't want that to be us.

A few days after coming across these verses, I read Acts 9:31.

 
I was so encouraged that I kept coming back to this verse 
and began praying it for me and for our church.

Peace, edified, fear of the Lord, comfort of the Holy Spirit, multiplied.

 Will you pray with me?


No comments:

Post a Comment