The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Tuesday, February 11, 2014

the prayers of one

A lot of people are praying for us.  
Thank you!!

Some take the time to remind me.  
For you I am grateful 
and your reminder often comes 
right when I need it.

One does something extraordinary 
to let me know how she is praying for us.
This overwhelms me with gratitude.

She gives me an envelope each week full of seasonal cards.
(yes. cards she....what do you call it....cuts out.  Those are not the words I am looking for but I am not craftsy and can't remember the term.)

And she writes a brief prayer and puts the date.  

She remembers us everyday.

I thought I would share how God is answering some of those prayers...

 God is so good!  It is awesome to see how He is drawing us to Himself and to see Him working in each heart.

Victory--Battles rage for our souls and the enemy wants to devour, but I am seeing my child choose to abide in His Spirit and continue to win.  
Healing--whether I leave for a few hours for a date night or for a weekend retreat, one child greets me with, 
"You came back?"
I am always surprised by his question 
and saddened at why he is asking it.
Yes, I came back.  I'm not leaving you.

This is a continual prayer that God would meet needs I can't meet and fill in all the places that I am not enough.
I saw this happen in a tangible way as we went to Winter camp with church and each of my bigs had godly leaders and new friends pour into them and listen to them.
I love seeing this prayer answered as my man shifts from working so much at night to being present with us--doing dishes, homework, taking to practices, tucking in bed--quite a miracle really.
 Seeing miracles here too.  15 months ago I watched two girls fight, misunderstand one another, despise the other.
Now they share a room by themselves.  They have similar interests, they laugh, play around, and talk.
MIRACLES PEOPLE.
 grace.
On days that I am particularly aware that I need grace, I extend it to my kids.  We had a really rough morning recently where one child blew it, I blew it and they left in tears and I fell in tears.
I surprised them with Chick-fil-A at school that day. We all needed grace and to give grace.
(eat mor chikin')
 Surprisingly, we have had more peaceful school mornings since that day. :)

I have noticed little things lately that make me wonder at Him--
the hawk that visits our backyard daily
 light snow (ice)

about this much

not this much

and friendship


hope.  
I do have hope.  
I don't have enough time or pictures to tell of all the ways God has moved in us.  I wonder about how it will be in Heaven when we hear myriads of myriads, and thousands of thousands, saying with a loud voice, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing."
Rev 5:11-12
One day all will be told.  

YAY for this one.  Jeremy is my favorite and we want and need time together.  The other night we had a date and he started it off by saying we couldn't talk about kids or work. 

So we didn't talk.
for a while.

Then we had fun "remembering when..." 

These cards I shared with you are just a drop in the bucket.  Revelation 5:8 says there are golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

We probably have taken up a whole bowl for ourselves with the prayers of so many of you.
Thank you.

And thank you, dear friend, for your daily reminders you give me faithfully.



1 comment:

  1. Die-cut. That's what I was trying to remember. She die-cuts her cards. :)

    ReplyDelete