The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Saturday, October 13, 2012

Greater Things

While in Colombia, I told the crew about the Greater Things Fun Run we did last year with our church.  Our church generously gave us proceeds to go toward our adoption with that race--the proceeds covered all of our Dossier fees!

This year, the fun run is called "Running For Adoption" and the proceeds will go to the Abba Fund--a fund for families who are adopting that are in need of a grant or loan.  I asked each one of our kids if they wanted to participate in the run this year and everyone agreed, amazingly enough!
So we added TRAINING to our schedule just to have something else to do each day while in Colombia.

The first day of training in Colombia



 
It went well.
 
 
Since we have been home we haven't "trained" exactly.  But I reminded the kids about the run this past week and we got back into it.  When I say we "trained" I mean we jogged and walked somewhere between 20-40 minutes in the park.
 
Today was the BIG day.  And I have to say I am so proud of each of them.
 
The littles (and Maddie) did the 1K

Savannah and Dad finishing strong!
 


Give me a medal and a treat and I'm happy!
 
The bigs and I did the 5K (with Maddie too!)
 
At the finish line!


 
This was the first 5K for all three girls--I am REALLY proud of them!  And Wes took about 8 minutes off his time--WOW!
 
It really was a FUN RUN for all of us.  And I am super excited there were over 350 participants this year.  I can't wait to hear how much was raised for the Abba Fund.
 
I still can't believe we all participated.
This is one of those highs in the roller coaster we are on right now
 and I am just going to enjoy it for a little bit.
;-)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment