The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Saturday, October 6, 2012

10,000 Reasons

 
Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
 
This is the beginning of Matt Redman's song, 10,000 Reasons.  We have been home almost 3 weeks and I have 10,000 Reasons to bless His name.  I want to share a few with you here....
 

We were here when he lost his first tooth
 
I got to take my older girls to a Wedding Reception of friends we all know and love.
 
Park time with Dad
 

We went to our cousin's wedding and had a blast!
 

 attempted a family picture....not going on the Christmas card.
 

 
AND it wasn't too cold that we couldn't jump in the lake at Nana and Paw-paw's!

 
We got some quality time with extended family that is about to move overseas!
 
You're rich in love, and You're slow to anger
Your name is great, and Your heart is kind
For all Your goodness I will keep on singing
Ten thousand reasons for my heart to find

This weekend, we headed to the lake again.  We were trying to squeeze one more "summer" like weekend in--including boating, skiing, and swimming.  Jeremy had to come late so my dad volunteered to ride with me, 7 kids, and a dog.  We had a blowout on the Beltway and even though it added 5 hours to our trip, I am thanking God no one got hurt and the van has not one, but two new tires.
 
There's actually many more things I am thanking God for regarding that day.  During the two hours we were on the narrow shoulder with trucks and cars speeding past us going AT LEAST 80 mph, we were sitting in the shade of an overpass (it was 90 degrees!), nobody rear-ended us, and we had fruits, brownies, and movies in the van! yea.
 
So we safely arrive at the lake and have about 2 more hours of daylight.  I ask my dad, "Are you ready to get the boat out??"  As if he hadn't just spent the last 8 1/2 hours on the road with us, he grabs his cap and keys to get the boat ready.  I had planned on getting there around lunch time so we could spend the hot afternoon on the water.  A cool front was heading in over night.
 
My dad is one of the best dads in the world. 
 
I'm not saying that your dad is not awesome, and that Jeremy doesn't measure up as a dad, because your dad probably is awesome, and Jeremy is the most amazing dad to our kids
 
But my dad is my dad. 
And I just can't wait until Father's Day or another birthday
to say how much I love and appreciate him.
 
He is patient.
He is kind.
He gives and he gives and he gives some more.
 
 
And he is an awesome Papa to his grandkids too.
 
 
 
That cool front did come through so we enjoyed bundling up and keeping warm by the fire while we played outside.
with s'more's of course!
 
The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes

Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name
 
I am not blog savvy so I don't know how to have a song playing when you stop by here, so here is the link to Matt Redman's song





No comments:

Post a Comment