The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Thursday, October 28, 2010

Journey of our First Adoption--- Part 4 (final)

PICTURES!!

Savannah's First Spa on the last day she was in the NICU

First time she was outdoors

Headed Home July 26, 2007


Exactly 6 months from placement, we finalized our adoption
December 28, 2007

family and friends got up very early to drive to the courthouse located 1 1/2 hours away to celebrate with us
Our family as of December 2007


Meeting the Birthmother's side of the family just a few days later
(Savannah's birthgrandparents, 21 year old sister, 9 year old sister, and 5 year old brother)
Samantha and Savannah
Tiffany and Savannah
Patrick and Savannah


Meeting them again in Sept 2009 (also met an uncle in the back)

Visiting the Birthfather's family in Sept 2009
(first time we saw David, her birthfather, since he introduced us to her in the NICU)
We plan to visit David and his family again in December


Sept 2010 visiting Samantha and Patrick and grandparents
 Love this one of her and Patrick!

Savannah today!
Can you believe we went from this.....
To this???
We are so thankful for this gift.  We are reminded that all our kids are truly gifts.  We had no idea that saying YES to adoption back in November 2006 would open the door to so much blessing, fullness, abundance, joy, and hope.  I sometimes think about what we would miss and how our lives would be so different if God had given me what I wanted.  I am so glad He didn't!!  His plan is better. 

I can't wait to tell you what's next!!  Have you ever thought, "God, please don't make me...." and one day you find yourself saying, "Lord, I want to but how....."  Like a total change of heart and you didn't even see it coming!  You gotta stay tuned to hear more about that soon.

But next, I MUST get you up to date about what's going on right now---like some seriously exciting, faith-building stuff!  Cannot wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment