The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

It's Official--I'm a blogger...

I am trying this bloggy thing out.  I don't know quite where to start, so I'll start with my title.  When I got married almost 15 years ago, one of my dear friends told me that she knew that God had many "wild and wonderful things" ahead of us.  I've been thinking about that lately as I have seen His wild and wonderful works in and around me.

I only recently started reading a few blogs and I have been inspired and encouraged by the lives shared.  A couple favorites are aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com and tobuildafamily.blogspot.com.  You'll quickly notice what I am drawn to by these two families--a big family brought about through adoption.  Not perfect families.  Not families lacking troubles.  But families who love God and who seek to follow Him in obedience.  We are smack dab in the middle of desiring to follow God and His dreams for our family.  We don't know what those dreams are yet, but we are watching, listening, and walking by faith.

Before I can tell you about what God is doing right now (of which I can't wait!), I have to back up and tell you what He has done.  Since I am new (and awkward) to this whole bloggy world, it will definitely take a few posts to get our story out.  But what a wild and wonderful story it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment