The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Wednesday, January 11, 2012

God is Wiser


Christine is our interpreter in Rwanda. 
We absolutely have grown to love her and her sweet family dearly! 

One afternoon we got to visit Acres of Hope and as we were driving the bumpy road and passing a pumpkin vine, Christine shared this story....

A man was picking pumpkins and pondering how such a large fruit could grow on such a small vine.  Later he walked down the street and looked up and saw small clusters of fruit growing on a large tree.  He wondered why would such a large tree produce such a small fruit and why such a small vine on the ground would produce such a large pumpkin.  As he tired that day, he sat under the fruit tree and a cluster of fruit fell on his head as the wind blew.  And he thought, "God is wiser."

No comments:

Post a Comment