The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chosen Marathon

We (Jeremy, his mom, two good friends and me) participated in the Chosen Marathon (1/2 marathon for us!) today--a marathon that is specifically for orphans around the world to find forever families.  Running with 1500 people who all were running for someone impacted by adoption was.....
absolutely....
incredible. 

I wanted to ask everyone I ran with to tell me their story. 

Who were they running for?

I saw pictures pinned to runner's backs and posters from cheering spectators with their kids' photos and it was
just.so.inspiring! 

I don't really know if you can get much closer to God's heart than when you take care of the fatherless.

Today I felt like we were running with the heart of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment