The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Monday, December 13, 2010

Rwanda 11.25.10 Headed to N*el

It's Thanksgiving Day.

(If you are just getting to my blog you are entering my Rwanda trip journal and I am writing as if it just happened.)

Today we leave Kigali and drive about 3+ hours to Gisenyi.

(our van loaded down with donations, rice, sugar, milk, supplies, and a change of clothes!  We also had 10 people squeezed in....good times!)

I still can't believe we almost missed this part of our trip.  You see, when we were given a list of opportunities and places to serve in Rwanda, the N*el Orphanage was quite overwhelming to us.

600 orphans.  7 of us.

What would WE be able to do??

So up until about 2 weeks before we left, we did not plan to go to N*el. 

Then.....as a couple of other plans fell through, we decided to consider it again.

I CRY at the realization of what we almost missed!!

You will see soon, but first I just want to share some of the view as we drove to Gisenyi.


 Just one of the waterfalls we saw

 Volcano

 Could not resist getting this shot

 Rolling Hills

Lake Kivu


 View from our hotel room

Part of our Thanksgiving dinner
(a piece of toast with some kind of gravy on it---kind of tasted like dressing....kind of)

HAPPY
THANKSGIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment