The day I got married, one of my closest friends looked me in the eye and said "God has many wild and wonderful things ahead for you and Jeremy."

Being called mom by 7 kids is definitely wild. Each day I look for the wonder in it all...and give thanks.

Partnering with my husband in life, parenting, work and serving is definitely wonderful. He is my favorite.



Friday, November 12, 2010

God does miracles in Walmart

Okay so I go to walmart about every other day.  It's not that I love shopping at walmart, but I just don't run out of everything at the same time. 

You know what I mean?

And these days as we get ready to go to Rwanda, I am picking up things here and there as I see it....

"oh yeah, we gotta get that for our trip" kind of thing.

So I had this extra pack of paper plates sitting in my car for the last couple of days. 

Why?

Well when I was in walmart a couple days ago, I picked up this really big pack of paper plates....or so I thought.

When I got home, I reached for the pack to put them in the pantry and ended up peeling two packs apart.

Oops.

So I thought for a split second about sticking them in the pantry anyway.
(don't judge me)

Couldn't do it. 

I walk into walmart today and explain to the old greeting man
(why are they always old?)

that I did not have a return but wanted to stick the plates in my shopping cart today and pay for them when I was finished getting my other things.

he was quite surprised.

That was not the miracle, by the way. =)

EARLIER today, a friend of mine, we'll call her Susie*, gave me a check for $100 to help with our Rwanda trip.

a generous gift, but still not the miracle....keep reading.... 

She left the "Payable To" part blank for me to fill in.  I stuck the check in my pocket and went on my way.

(note to self, fill it in)

I also carry my phone and keys in my pockets.

You can see where this is going.

Fast forward to walmart--As I got out of the car to go in the store, I put my phone in my pocket that also contained the check from Susie*.

After shocking the greeter man by bringing in my $1.56 plates I had not paid for, I needed to call my dad to ask about his camera we are borrowing for the trip. 

I make my way to the back of the store as we talk.  A few minutes pass, we say good-bye and I stick my phone back into my pocket.

That's when it hit me.

I had no check in my pockets.  No check made out for $100, signed, and left blank for anyone to fill in their name.

YIKES!

I quickly started retracing my steps and P-R-A-Y-I-N-G!

I checked my purse just to make sure I had not put it in there--no check.

Lord, uh, now is a good time for a miracle. 

I comforted myself, "Someone else might really need $100."

I just started praying that I would find the check or if I didn't, that someone who really needed it would.

I backtracked all the way to the front of the store, looked at the cashiers and thought about asking one of them. 

I saw the greeter...
naaaaah
I couldn't bring myself to explaining this one to him.

JUST THEN....

I hear on the loud speaker....

"Susie*, please come to Customer Service."

NO WAY!!!!

I R-A-C-E-D to Customer Service and another lady who was waiting in line said,
"Did you lose something?"

YES, a $100 check!

I asked her if she turned it in and she said another lady did.  She was already gone.

I don't know who it was, but God, bless this person in a super-duper, huge, fabulous way!!

Truly a miracle!

I just wonder what would have happened if I had kept my $1.56 plates without paying for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment